Increase of shareholding in Methanol Holdings (Trinidad) Ltd.

Proman AG and HELM AG are more recently holding 100% of the production site, where core products like Methanol, UAN (Urea Ammonium Nitrate Solution) and Melamine originate from.

Hamburg - October 10, 2014

Together with our partner Proman AG, HELM AG indirectly holds a 43.47% stake of the company Methanol Holdings (Trinidad) Ltd. (MHTL) in Trinidad. The remaining 56.53% are being held by the state-owned Trinidadian companies Clico and Clico Financial.

MHTL comprises the following production plants:

5 Methanol plants with a total capacity of 4,100,000 mt

1 Ammonia plant with a capacity of 650,000 mt

1 UAN plant with a capacity of 1,500,000 mt

2 Melamine plants with a total capacity of 60,000 mt

On 9th October 2014 Proman AG and HELM AG have taken over the 56.53% of Clico/Clico Financial and are thus holding now 100% of the above-mentioned company with a ratio of 75% for Proman AG and 25% for HELM AG.

The takeover and takeover price are the result of long arbitration proceedings which we instituted after the local Trinidadian companies had become insolvent and were practically nationalized in early 2009 in the course of the financial crisis. The takeover is the largest single investment of the HELM group ever.

Together with our partner Proman AG we now get the control over the company. After having increased HELM's stake in 2012 already from 4.6% to 10.87%, the current increase to 25% marks a major strategic step for the HELM group to guarantee our existing marketing agreements for Methanol, UAN and Melamine beyond this decade.